Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's Electric

Okay people. I might be 31 years old but I've never really had a place with an electric bill. I've always lived in very small places that usually ran on gas. Let's just say, I've never seen a bill over $40. Today we received our first electric bill for the month we've been here... $162!! What the what?! I had no idea!! How do people afford rent on top of that?! I thought money was tight a couple of days ago. It's not like our apartment is huge. Since receiving the bill, Chris and I have decided to make our home a sweat box and have turned the A/C up to 80 during the day and just run fans. Personally, I can't sleep in 80 degrees so I turned the A/C down to 76 for nighttime. I'm still sweating just sitting here typing! Incredible! I'm hoping the baby will be alright. Fortunately, he's got the coolest room in the house.

Brighter news, I've almost got the freezer cleaned out and I'm ready to plan which meals I'm going to prepare for my experiment in eating cheaper. I've blocked out a day this weekend to plan and prepare.  Honestly I don't have enough to write about this to convey how excited I truly am but I'm very excited! :)

Also, I met with the one woman I know here now and I'm hoping to call a friend soon. Her name is Melaney and she has been awesome enough to invite me out for play dates with the kids. Today we couldn't really chat because her youngest is 19 months and wants to play, play, play (who can blame him). So she was off chasing him around while my son decided the outdoors and fresh air made for a great catalyst for a nap. He did ride in a baby swing for the first time. That's what started the nap! Oh well. We decided we are going to meet at her house next time so we can be indoors and chat and get to know each other. She seems very fun and it will be great to have a friend here. There aren't too many opportunities to meet people when you barricade yourself indoors so you won't spend money.

The new schedule with George seems to be working out. I'm feeding him 4 times a day. His naps are no more than an hour. He gets solids for his lunchtime feeding. He's sleeping wonderfully. Overall it seems to be making him happier so maybe that doctor did know a thing or two. I've torn down all of the temporary bedding since we have the nursery put together. It makes the apartment feel so much bigger. We don't have a dining room table and chairs yet so my goal is to make that area a little play area for George until I have one.  Also, today I entered his photo in a Gerber photo contest. It's not the greatest photo but he's a darn cute kid (everyone says so) so I have every confidence that he will win something.

It's late again so off to bed. Hopefully I cool down some so I can sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment